Thrive Therapy is a professional counseling COLLABORATIVE created and directed by Licensed Professional Counselor and Eating Disorder/OCD Specialist, Sam Lample. This is NOT COUNSELING OR THERAPY AS USUAL. Our mission is to go beyond helping people simply to tolerate or cope with their lives and instead to…THRIVE. Our team of dedicated therapists work with a variety of issues and provide a non-judgmental, hopeful, and supportive environment for those who are SERIOUS ABOUT CHANGE. Contact each therapist individually for inquiries and appointments or call 480.869.2618 for more information.
THRIVE THERAPY TEAM
- Substance Abuse Issues
- Mood Disorders & Depression
- Eating Disorders & Body Image Issues
- Trauma & PTSD
- Grief & Loss
- Relationship Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Spiritual Issues
- Stress Management
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Divorce Recovery
- Individual Nutrition Counseling
- Thrive Nutrition Groups
- Anger Issues
If you are interested in making an appointment with one of our therapists or would like more information about our counseling services please contact us.
A Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) is an individual who has:
- completed their masters degree in counseling
- passed a national exam
- been recognized by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a mental health professional licensed to practice counseling and therapy under the supervision of an approved supervisor for roughly two years until they acquire full independent licensure.
- wants to be part of Thrive Therapy or is able to counsel clients elsewhere
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in being supervised by Mr. Lample please contact us.
CERTIFIED EATING DISORDER SPECIALIST SUPERVISION
THRIVE NUTRITION GROUPS
Thrive Nutrition is a Community based therapeutic approach focused on developing self-acceptance, specifically related to the relationship with your body and food. Our emphasis is to help you get unstuck on your focus on food and dieting and to live the life that is important to you.
The workshop is based on the research by Dr. Kari Anderson, DBH LPC and Michelle May MD. They created the Am I Hungry® Mindful Eating for Binge Eating program. Grounded in research, the AIH ME-BE model was tested and results indicate a significant decrease in binge eating behavior, measured by the Binge Eating Scale. Score decreased from severe binge eating to non-binge eating after the 10-week group program. (Anderson & May, 2012)
The following skills and strategies will be included:
- Mindful based activities and skill building
- Experiential work around mindful eating, body acceptance and emotional and hunger awareness
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) – focus on skill building to address painful thoughts and feelings that get people stuck around food and body issues and help clarify what is truly important to you and move you toward your goals and life that is important to you.
- Nutrition and Food Experientials in a safe supportive environment
For more information: Contact Nancy at email@example.com
Licensed Associate Counselor and Licensed Am I Hungry?® Therapist
2320 West Peoria Ave, Suite A-101 | Phoenix, AZ 85029
3420 East Shea Blvd, Suite 188 | Phoenix, AZ 85028
10451 W. Palmeras Dr. Suite 126A | Sun City, AZ 85373
Therapists can also be reached individually via their contact information on our practitioners page.